Enevate Corporation is an energy storage startup located in warm and sunny Southern California, focused on developing and delivering rechargeable Li-ion batteries with ultra-high energy densities using novel battery materials and architectures. Applications for these batteries include smartphones, cellular handsets, wearable and portable devices in consumer electronics, medical, and industrial/military market segments. Enevate is venture funded and was founded in 2005 as a spinout from UC-Irvine. As a startup, the work setting is challenging and dynamic in a tightly knit and diverse team environment. Enevate offers the opportunity to join in the early stage of a company and contribute at all levels to make an impact. More information can be found at www.enevate.com.
Manufacturing Engineer (ME) role to support production launch and process operations for advanced lithium ion cells. In this role, the ME will work on a variety of process areas to support the launch of new products as well as operation of existing products being launched. In this role, knowledge of both equipment function and operational expertise are key skills needed for this role which support process development and troubleshooting. The ME must be knowledgeable in both the mechanical and chemical properties and behaviors of the components used in lithium cells.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) role include:
- Define and implement new processes for the launch of new products and process improvements. Production support for key process areas to enable flexible operation to meet project deadlines.
- Create and maintain work instructions and documents (such as drawings, specifications, control plans, process flow and process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEA).
- Troubleshoot and resolve processing issues for start-up and production, both internal process and those preformed at outside vendors.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to ensure control and reliability of processing used for the production of lithium ion cells and components used within. Travel to suppliers maybe required to ensure proper production of components and audit supplier capabilities.
- Project coordination to drive collaboration with research, product and process engineering teams for root cause analysis and to ensure the implementation of robust processes.
- Lead Measurement Systems Analysis activities for the assigned process areas, including Gage R&R studies.
- Use of Six Sigma tools to identify causes of variation and implement controls to reduce occurrence.
- Support activities to evaluate and qualify new suppliers and components for cost reduction and/or supply chain improvements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including: Word, Excel, and Visio
- Familiarity with computer based statistical analysis software (Minitab software is a plus)
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to apply for this position.