Enevate Corporation is an energy storage startup located in warm and sunny Southern California, focused on developing and delivering rechargeable Li-ion batteries with ultra-high energy densities using novel battery materials and architectures. Applications for these batteries include smartphones, cellular handsets, wearable and portable devices in consumer electronics, medical, and industrial/military market segments. Enevate is venture funded and was founded in 2005 as a spinout from UC-Irvine. As a startup, the work setting is challenging and dynamic in a tightly knit and diverse team environment. Enevate offers the opportunity to join in the early stage of a company and contribute at all levels to make an impact. More information can be found at www.enevate.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define products and systems specification based on customers/partners needs and internal capabilities
- Act as an expert in electric vehicle cell and pack specifications
- Identify, create and manage projects to develop and implement parts and products that meet internal and customer performance requirement
- Act as technical interface for customer product development programs
- Develop and engineer systems based on internal and external specifications
- Create, track changes and review engineering documents (drawings and specification) to ensure repeatable and quality production of products
- Define quality criteria and support activities to maintain good quality parts and products
- Drive root cause analysis and implement solutions when products, processes or test drift from control
- Lead failure mode analysis including Destructive Analysis, DFMEA and PFMEA
- Drive cross functional teams to meet technical requirement and timings or solve issues
- Work within an established ISO 9001compliant documentation system, documenting all changes to products or processes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Identifies problems in a timely manner; Motivates for increased results; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience – Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Math Ability – Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Statistical software (Minitab), Word processing software and Microsoft package, including spreadsheets and email software.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.