What Personal Information Does Company Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services and allows each user to set up a user account that can be used to interact with other users through the Website. In connection with the Website, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Website, which allows users to identify each other. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, title, company name, location, physical address, phone number, email address, IP address, and browser information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website or services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and requested page.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. We only use this data in aggregate form, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally, in order to help improve our services. We may also provide aggregate information to our partners in order to help them provide you with an optimal online experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your computer supports this type of program. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference during the registration process or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Company cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information.
- Most browsers allow you to prevent the browser from accepting new cookies or to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways, but some of our features may not work unless cookies are activated.
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information with other parties only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, we provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information that we share with them except as necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and/other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We endeavor to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain features.
- You can add or update certain information in your account. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the old information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your account by e-mailing email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: Sept 12, 2011